Tiny Hand With Red Heart

Sunday, June 19, 2011

FLINGS OR COMMITTMENT. Which side are you in?



Why do flings seem to be a convenient choice rather than committing to an actual committment of being in a relationship?  As I see it nowadays, teenagers are so fond of having these so-called flings and pseudo-relationships through texts, chat, internet and e-mail-- these days, they aren't as particular about the technicalities and formalities of having a relationship as they should be. I know I should mind my own business but then, it just occured to me as a thought, why do some people choose flings over a relationship these days? So, being me, I grabed a pen and paper and started scribbling my thoughts, I don't mean anything bad about flings, I just want to express that, if we could have the chance to choose between the two, its better to choose the more stable one, relationship.

So, back to the question I have,   about why is it more convenient to choose flings nowadays,
I guess, a vast range of excuses and explanations may arise:


  1. Maybe you felt something for the other person too, but you didn't want to acknowledge the feeling. YET.
  2. Maybe you didn't want it to be just you and him, because you want to explore your other options too.
  3. Maybe, you're afraid that nobody will ever stick around for as long as we want them to.

There are strings of maybes that you can enter here, but I guess choosing flings over committment is more convenient for some.

No deals. No commitment. No exclusivity.
With flings, you can enjoy the feeling of a pseudo-relationship without the worry of being committed.
Teen Facts | via Tumblr

BUT. There is always a big BUT. There is one thing lacking : a sense of security with THAT SOMEONE YOU LIKE.
It can end anytime.

For me, it all goes down to that someone being afraid of taking a risk, because  if you truly want it to, you could turn the emotions into actual decisions. You can either choose between having a real committment on a relationship or choose to have endless flings-- devoid of any real meaning of relationships.
For you she was a chapter | via Tumblr
Because there is always a choice. It's only up to you whether you choose to take an active risk and try or leave it all to fate.
The bottom line here that I want to tell is that, I don't mean any bad thing about flings, all I'm saying, Sometimes, a fling can lead to the real thing. You just have to make a choice and take the chance. Because you may never know how absolutely perfect something could turn out to be if you wouldn't try.  :)

So, committment or flings? We always have a choice. I'd say, for the future, I'd still pick committment, because WITH THE RIGHT PERSON, EXCLUSIVITY MAY NOT BE SUCH A BAD THING. :)

A bond of trust

No comments:

Post a Comment