Tiny Hand With Red Heart

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My First Delivery Room Case


Finally, with still shaking hands, I had my first actual deliveryy experience at the delivery room tonight! I was assigned on the delivery room with the 3-11pm shift, when I arrived there, there were some patients waiting but all of them were CS patients, we still had to wait who are for normal delivery. I thought I would never get the chance (again) to assist an actual delivery, but then, tadaaaa. At more or less 10pm tonight, I was able to assist in one. Thank you Lord the delivery was successful! :) It's really an overwhelming and happy feeling that I'm able to experience assisting a delivery! :)

I want to thank my midwife groupmates for the encouragement and tips that you told me, its really been great help, (especially I still have not overcomed my hemophobia. I really appreciate your words. :) ) And also to my partner/ partner-in-crime. :P (hehe) Erika for your patience. :D

I know I still have more to learn and skills to master but today is a great start and motivation to do better in the days yet to come. :)
I'll just share with you a quote I found over the net, :)

"Attending births is like growing roses. You have to marvel at the ones that just open up and bloom at the first kiss of the sun but you wouldn't dream of pulling open the petals of the tightly closed buds and forcing them to blossom to your time line." Gloria Lemay

So, I'm off for now! :) I still have my duty tomorrow, same time, same area. :)

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment