Tiny Hand With Red Heart

Monday, July 25, 2011

Nursing--where my heart is. :)

Oh well, I haven't realized how fast time flies. It's already been, two weeks and I wasn't able to update my blog. Now i'm starting to feel the real feeling of being a 3rd year nursing student in college. 3rd year life is what they say "the most challenging, tiring, but definitely the most fun" year in college--now I'm starting to see why. :P

Taking up nursing isn't easy. Aside from having to memorize lots of information: normal values, signs and symptoms of diseases, drug names and infos, not to mention their actions and interactions in the body and many other concepts ,I also have to deal with my fear of blood. yikes! But still, I looove being a student nurse--a soon to be nurse. =) It's always an overwhelming feeling seeing other people smile because they know that there is someone who is willing to help them in the course of their sickness, whenever I see a patient get well and go out of the hospital, it makes me happy knowing that even for a tiny bit, I've actually made a difference in someone's life. :)

As the saying goes, " Nursing is all about caring. But it takes more than caring to learn how to be a nurse. "  :)

Last week, I've been assigned in the Operating room for two days. (boy, it was tiriiiiiing. ) It made me realize how taking a sit even for just a few minutes feels soooo good. :) Laerning how to be a good nurse is never easy. You have to be mentally as well as physically prepared for changing environments. You can't just quit  if you feel like it. You take your lessons and studies by heart and you'll realize that despite the fact that it is tiring,  you'll enjoy it. :)  As for me, I'll do my best to learn how to be a good nurse in the future. Someday, somehow, I'll  happy knowing that I've made a difference in one's life. :)

Nurses may not be angels. But they are the next best thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment